the truth

inviting someone to this nice and, uhm, pricey restaurant...

she asks:  'can i bring my grandson?'

me:  'ooops...  i'll check...  i invited <mother> and <grown up son> to <another nice and pricey restaurant> before...  <mother> then brought <her little boy> as well!  the restaurant charged me full-price!  how old is your grandson?'

grandma:  'four...'

i call the restaurant...  guess what, kids up to four years old eat free!  : D

today the three of us went...

receptionist:  'how old is the child, ma'am?'

me:  'hmmm...  how old is he?  six?'

grandmother blurts out:  'four!'

me:  'oh, yeah...  four...'

receptionist:  'he eats for free, ma'am...'

me:  'thank you...'

walking to our table i told the grandmother, 'she might think we just lowered the age so we won't have to pay...'

in all honesty, the boy is four...  i am just sooo much older and, uhm, understandably forgetful...  :"}

No comments:

Post a Comment