thousandfold

at the bank...

stranger / fellow customer:  'you have a nice car...'

me:  'huh?!'

he points to my car visible from the bank's glass door:  'that car's yours, right?'

me:  'uh-huh...  it's an old car...'

fellow customer:  'those are the durable ones...'

me:  'really?  good then...'

fellow customer:  'i was just supposed to have porridge but i ended up here...'

me:  'at <nearby eatery>?'

fellow customer:  'no...  it's expensive there!  i eat at <eatery> behind <supermarket>...'

me:  'hmmm...  i dunno that one...'

fellow customer:  'you know, even if you have P50,000 in your pocket you should be simple...  me, i go there and i try to be low-key...'

me:  'okay.'

and then i wondered why he said that.  was i flashy?  i was wearing just a t-shirt and denims...  and i sure wasn't carrying around P50,000.  hmmm...  was he?

so we were side-by-side at the counter and guess what, he did deposit P50,000 saying he's depositing it so he won't end up spending it.

oh...

and me?  i deposited P47, wahaha...

i paid my monthly SSS contribution, P1,760...  i gave the teller P1,800 telling him not to give me change anymore but instead just deposit the money to my account.  i had P7.00 loose coins and i told him to add it to the deposit.  ta-daaannn!  P47!

side by side but nowhere close...  ;"p

No comments:

Post a Comment