subtle

in my parents' house there's a bowl filled with coins.  it's been like that from my childhood.

it's a stainless steel bowl pretty much like but slightly deeper than a soup bowl.  if you need coins for anything, ambulant vendors, beggars, fare, change, parking attendant, gasoline attendant, you just get coins there.

my dad refills the bowl regularly.  he even goes to the gasoline station to exchange bills for coins.

palm sunday, my niece gave me a P50 bill as payment for something.  since i didn't have a pocket, i put it in the bowl then forgot all about it.

guess what, today when i got coins, the P50 was still there.

me to mom:  'this is the P50 <niece> gave me, right?  i put this here before holy week yet.  no one got it!'

mom:  'they get coins...'

me:  'yeah...  but you also could have gotten this since it's there but no one did...'

mom:  'if you get the bill it's very obvious that you got P50.  if you just get coins no one knows how much you got...'

haha...  as if someone's keeping tabs...  ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment