yours and mine

handed a friend a grocery bag containing a bottle of orange juice, two home-made sandwiches plus store-bought bread.

so we were chatting and i noticed that the bag seemed too flat.

me:  'where's the juice?'

friend:  'inside...'

me:  'how come the bottle's not exposed?'

i check the contents and there the bottle was lying sideways on top of the sandwiches.

me:  'aw!  i carefully carried that and you just let them pile in shambles...'

friend:  'it's okay...'

(the orange juice, i bought on her behalf; the sandwiches and bread, i just added.)

i bring the bottle back to an upright position and arrange the bread so it won't get crushed.

friend tells me she's fine with the bottle on top of the sandwiches.

me:  'okay...  you're the one who's gonna eat them anyway...'

reminded me of another friend's external drive.  so i brought it home when i made her a couple of photobooks.  it was with me for weeks and i was very careful with it.  when i finally brought it back to her, she tipped it over in her room twice!  in just one night!  waaahhh!!!  that's a one terabyte disk!!!

she was cool with it though.

i guess if it's yours you can afford to be lax.  when it belongs to someone else, however, you have to be a good steward.

what is not yours, you cannot throw away.

No comments:

Post a Comment