just curious

friend tells me he'd just bring this something for me maybe together with this other one.

me:  'what do you mean 'together' with another?'

friend:  'there's something i'm thinking of giving you...'

me:  'what is it?'

friend:  'i'm not yet sure whether i'll give it to you...'

me:  'just tell me what it is...'

friend:  'but i still am not sure whether i'll be giving it to you...'

me:  'it's ok!  i'm not asking you to give it to me...  i just want to know what it is...  because you mentioned it...  i don't want hanging sentences...  you'd leave me wondering what that is...'

he laughs then tells me.

yay, thanks  ->  for breaking the suspense and for having me in mind...

he doesn't have to actually give it to me  ->  it's the thought that counts...

: )

No comments:

Post a Comment