transition stage

i transferred to a new office last may 16.  it is my nth transfer since joining the company in 1993.  i've held office at 5 of the 6 wings of our computer center and at both of the major buildings in our compound.



i started out as an analyst/programmer, then was assigned to a project where initially i was with documents processing then later with credits and refunds.  after that i went to the integration team, then to application support and maintenance, then to enhancements.  from there i was assigned to security, then to systems standards, then to database administration.  after that i was designated technical assistant to one of the big bosses.  from there i moved to computer operations and network engineering in one of our data centers.  now i am back to security.



except for the moves to then, 7 years later, from database administration which i requested, all my other transfers were initiated by management.  ooops, i am not a problem employee, ok.  modesty aside, i'd say i am a highly regarded worker  ->  after this blog that regard might go down a notch, ha-ha



anyway, today is my 6th day at my new office.  may 16th, supposedly my first day, i was on training someplace else.  monday to thursday i reported for work;  friday i was on leave.  yesterday and today i was there.



well, today:



1.  i was talking to one of my new officemates and i was explaining to her what we should prepare to make things easier for one of the users.  with a puzzled look she asks me, "should we really be doing that or cebu (data center)?"



suddenly i was, "ooops, sorry.  yup, cebu should do it.  i forgot i wasn't anymore data center  : }"



2.  my phone rings and i greet the caller with "... data center"



the caller replies, "data center ka d'yan!"



yikes, the caller turns out to be my replacement at the data center.  we switched positions.  from data center i was transferred to security.  from security, she was transferred to the data center.



3.  i was at my former office giving my replacement a walkthrough of one of her new assignments.  suddenly, someone from security pops up holding a bunch of papers that need to be signed.  i move aside and tell my replacement, "sign those first..."



the arrivee corrects me, "ma'am, yours..."



i roll my eyes and go, "ooops, yup, i'm security now..."



aaarrgggh!!!



they say things come in threes.  i've had three now.  that should be it and no more...

No comments:

Post a Comment