shell to petron finally

i've always been a shell (gasoline) girl...  from the time i started driving in college (yikes, ancient!) up to a few hours ago, i've always gassed up with shell.  (ooops...  in college i didn't gas up, haha...  i was using my dad's car then and it was my dearest dad who did the gassing up... thanks, vats  : D ...)

a few years back, citibank started giving rebates if you use a shell citibank credit card to pay for your gas at shell.  i was sooo happy.  but then i had a not at all pleasant experience with the company (a P3,500 (yuck!) disputed transaction dating back to 2003 that up to now is yet to be closed at least on the system-level, ugh!) so now i'm using BPI credit cards.

well, BPI has a petron BPI credit card that gives you a rebate when you gas up at petron.  i have such a card but i am not really able to avail myself of the rebates because i gas up at shell.  i couldn't switch to petron because i don't want to be mixing gasoline brands and i make it a point to gas up whenever my tank is half-empty.  well, at least until recently.

i haven't been able to go to the gasoline station for a few weeks apparently (i usually gas up weekly) and while driving home from the office today, i noticed that my needle was very close to the empty indicator.  whoa!  how come i didn't notice that my gas was running low?!  waaaahhhh!!!  i felt soooo uneasy...  there was a shell station somewhere near and i planned to divert from my usual route so i could gas up.

guess what, a few meters (yup, so near!) away from petron and caltex gasoline stations on opposite corners, my gas empty indicator suddenly lit up!  yikes!!!  first time in my life i experienced this!!!  i thought with that my car was going to stall.  yikes, yikes, yikes!!!  i kept on praying it won't and it did not, thank God.  i made it to the petron station on the opposite lane.  whew!

i got a full tank and henceforth it's going to be petron for me.

goodbye, shell...  hello, rebates...  blessing in disguise...  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment