plain and simple

i take a LOT of pictures.
i've been taking pictures since high school.
that is a LOOOONG time.

(the only photography class i ever took was during that time.
it was an elective in my sophomore year, uhm, four decades ago. #old 👵🏽)

my photos are not focused on one particular subject.  they run the gamut.  people, places, things, food, events, even lawbreaking, ahahaha.

as much as possible, i want the pictures to show something nice.
i like to say, pictures are forever.
(i don't, however, take elaborate pics.
my food pics would show you the food
the way i normally would see it on the table.)

a lot of the photos that i take,
no one except me sees.
just because you don't see a particular pic in my wall
does not mean i don't have one.
(no one knew i had this brazen trash pic taken in 2013
until i posted it in 2017 when my patience ran out.)

i do intend to post a lot of them,
preferably just the pleasant ones.
(patience, please hold up...)
i just haven't yet
because there are other things i'd rather be doing.
i do prioritize certain pics.
my mom's, for example, when she's with her friends.

i've received a lot of ribbing about my late uploads.
i can take it, hahaha...

the only uploads i try to do within the day are those for posting in this gamified lifelog i do.
i get 5 points per pic.  with my x3 stickers, that means 15 points per pic.

i've been hitting 3,000 points per week
(even 4,000 points in the last two weeks),
thanks partly to the points i get for the pics.

3,000 points is not really something to brag about.
i've seen others who hit 8,500.
in my circle of lifelogging friends, however,
3,000 points is enough
to land me the top spot in my leaderboard.
(you compete only with your own friends.)

that's all there is to it.
no need to overanalyze why i have all these pics.

🤦‍♀️🤣

No comments:

Post a Comment