alcohol and i love yous

a few weeks back, i was with a guy (not just the two of us but with friends) who, from the time we arrived at the place, to the time he fell asleep on his seat (ha-ha-ha), kept on telling me how much he loved me.  i was a combination irritated and amused, telling him to stop it as he was just drunk.

i've been told that, in at least two separate occasions, in his sober state, when i was absent, he was talking instead about my boobs and my butt (let me emphasize here he has not seen me unclothed, ok). this initially led me into thinking that this guy does not really love me but is simply lusting after me, ugh!  on second thought, however, it occurred  to me that liquor is supposed to draw from one candor in reckless abandon so if in his drunken state he talks about love and not physical stuff then maybe, yup, it is love he feels and not just lust.

and then last night, my dear friend was walking me to my car and she, too, (yup, she!!!) started showering me with i love yous.  huh?!  ha-ha-ha... it was her daughter's birthday party and she seemed to have had one drink too many.  (btw, her i love yous were not of the romantic, lesbian kind but of the friendly, caring kind.)

i don't drink so i don't really know but now i'm thinking maybe it's not really about honesty and candor.  maybe liquor simply makes one feel loving or in love.  it's the feelings one has when the intoxication has worn off we should trust.

let's drink to that... cheers!

; )

No comments:

Post a Comment