context

in my inbox are e-mail notifications from fanbox saying this certain guy has sent me all sorts of stuff: a bugatti (wow!), a prayer, a rose, a photo, a super-ping (whatever that is), money, kisses. gee, thanks : )

this evening, my curiosity got the better of me and i clicked. whoa! i saw that the guy has sent out 11,458 cars. he also has sent kisses to 7,354 people! ooops... suddenly, my stash doesn't seem special, ha-ha-ha

reminds me of my fair lady. i saw the play looooooong ago but still remember an exchange that has left quite an impression on me: eliza was complaining to professor higgins about the way he's been treating her. the professor sort of tells her not to take offense as he's like that to everyone.

i googled the script. here are the lines:

The great secret is not a question of good manners...
...or bad manners
or any particular sort of manner...


...but having the same manner
for all human souls.


The question is not
whether I treat you rudely...


...but whether you've ever heard me
treat anyone else better.


what a heartache if everyone else is treated well and you are not...

No comments:

Post a Comment