year-end blogs

i noticed that my last blog for last year was on the 14th of december… hmmm… i know there were other things i wanted to blog about after that but i never got around to it.  i’ll try to recollect now…

 

december 19

i attended our high school batch christmas party.  i would have showed up with two of my closest batchmates but then one was not feeling well (too many recent parties/late nights and an out-of-town trip the following day) and the other had work.  i therefore showed up alone.

earlier, my best friend had given me the payment for her ticket.  i told her if she’s not attending then she need not pay.  she said she’s been told present or not she has to pay and if she does not, her prize won’t be given in case she wins in the raffle.

i chuckled saying she doesn’t need the prize.  anyway, upon arrival at the venue, i immediately turned over her payment to the treasurer.

guess what, she won in the raffle!  i was sooo happy just hearing it from a distance and then i was called to claim the prize on her behalf.  oh, ok.

later in the night, however, there were some statements, on the mic, about prizes supposedly subject to forfeiture in case the winner is not present.  and then someone approached me asking whether it would be okay to return my best friend’s prize.  oooops… ok.  i handed back the prize.

they raffled it off again.

guess what!  i won!  whoa!  i happily claimed it and later gave it to my best friend.

if it’s really for you, others could take it but in the end, it will still return to you… : )

 

december 26

this guy supposedly does not have a date for new year and a friend was asking whether i’d be willing to go out with him on said date.

huh?!

sorry but

1.  i don’t go out with guys on special occasions.  the guy or others might think he’s the special someone and i don’t want that…

2.  i’m not someone you go out with just because you don’t have anyone else to go out with.  you don’t settle for me… you settle with me  ->  happily… ever after… : )

 

december 28

my officemates wanted to eat out.  ok.

they asked me where i wanted to go.  i said they be the one to choose the place.

guess what, they chose shabu-shabu.  waaah!!!

i don’t understand.  me, when i eat out, i just want to sit down and eat.  others, they want to have some sort of participation in the food preparation.

in my former office, they liked to market.  as in, we’ve gone to these eating places where we first have to walk around to pick the ingredients then have the dishes cooked.

this shabu-shabu, they give you a set of ingredients and you cook it yourself.  ugh!  cooking is definitely not one of my strengths.  nor is it something i am fond of.  (even boiling an  egg i could mess up  : })  plus i don’t like it when there’s steam all around the table.

next time someone asks where i’d like to eat, i’d still tell them to choose the place BUT with the additional request that it not be dampa- or shabu-shabu style…

 

december 29

for some reason, i suddenly had this craving for ice cream cake.  i therefore decided to get one for the new year.  and then a box was sent to my office.  it was from my boss... and it contained ice cream cake!!!  imagine!  i never even told anyone i wanted ice cream cake.  my officemates and i immediately finished it off.  i am sooo happy... and sooo thankful...  : )

 

december 30

i was going to buy bailey’s for the new year.  i, however, wasn’t able to get it from the supermarket where i regularly shop because just as i was about to pick it up, i received a message from my aunt telling me that they’re done (with their movie date) and will already be waiting for me at the usual meeting place.

from there, we proceeded to another mall.  guess what.  at ‘my’ supermarket, bailey’s was P788 per bottle.  at the supermarket in this mall, it was P742, with a free christmas ice tray to boot.  whoa!  what a big price difference.  i checked it, it really looked like genuine bailey’s, so i bought it.

i wonder what other items i’ve been paying for at a much higher price at the supermarket i frequent…  : }

 

december 31

i was telling my mom i’m just going to go out to buy cake and was asking whether she wanted something picked up from the supermarket.

her reply:  “ganyan ka na???”

ooops, hahaha… i was wearing shorts and a printed shirt, no b _ _.  she didn’t look pleased.

i said, "mag - ba - b _ _" then went upstairs to look decent.  i changed into pants as well.

anyway, among the things my mom asked me to buy was dahon ng sibuyas.  i had no idea what it looked like so there i was at the supermarket reading one-by-one the labels on the green, leafy stuff.  and then i got impatient and decided to just ask.  guess what, when i asked the shelf filler which of the items was dahon ng sibuyas, the shopper to my right immediately pointed out to the item right in front of me!  whoa!  i stopped reading just right before that item!

1.  sometimes you’re so close and that’s when you give up…

2.  if you don’t know what you’re looking for, it could be right in front of you and you wouldn’t recognize it…

No comments:

Post a Comment