change in priorities


i returned my 4-day-old baby (canon EOS 600D EF-S 18-135mm IS) to the store yesterday.  the flash gets stuck and i intermittently get the message i have to turn the camera off and on to get it to work.  i called up twice and both times, different store personnel told me to bring it to the store for replacement (it is brand new.).

when i got there, however, the store owner gave me 3 options:

1.  bring the camera to canon to get an order of replacement
2.  leave the camera with them (for around a week) and they'll be the one to send it to canon
3.  get my money back

i chose the 3rd.  i'm taking it as a sign.  i actually found the camera rather heavy.  in fact, after using it at my dad's party, i started considering getting another powershot.  a cousin has actually warned me before that a heavy cam is not suitable for my shooting style  ->  hand held, arms raised, oh-so-frequent-click-click-click.  i did not listen.  my mind was set on a vari-angle DSLR...  : }

good thing i'm getting a second chance...

i'll be checking out other DSLRs.  canon still  (i've been a canon girl since the late '70s.  ugh!  ancient!!!).  with a heavy heart, i'm letting go of my vari-angle requirement  (all my powershots, even my sony and sanyo, have been vari-angle.).  weight is now a *major* consideration...  \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment