the ides of march

i was changing calendars at the start of the month and the moment i saw march, 'the ides of march' immediately crossed my mind.

and so it was that through the days, the ides would every now and then fleet in my thoughts.  i dunno why.  nothing personally significant to me about it at all.

and then last monday, i was talking to someone over the phone and i mentioned march 15.  guess what, the guy remarked it's the ides of march.  whoa!  i've been talking to several people earlier and march 15 was part of the conversation but not a single one raised the ides.  for a second there, i had brain freeze.  then my heart smiled and i had this silly grin...  :")

one-and-a-half years ago, shortly after i met this guy, he sent me e-mail work hours ('i'm in the office; my trend of thought is a bit interrupted, but i just had to tell you...').  part of his message read:

'seldom do we meet someone who we can engage and converse with intelligently and funnily; ..., we connect pretty well...'

mind and body...  heart and soul...  if only we can have it all...  </3

No comments:

Post a Comment