the distance between us

i went to my parents' place...  shortly after, my nephew came in...

nephew:  'are grandpa and grandma here?'

me:  'not downstairs...  i don't know upstairs...  i just arrived...'

nephew:  'where'd you go?'

me:  '[mall]...'

nephew:  'oh!  i was just at [supermarket across mall]...'

me:  'aw!  i didn't know!'

he went upstairs to check the grandparents...  both were not there...

he went home...

right after he left, my dad arrived...

dad:  'where's mom?'

me:  'aren't you together?'

dad:  'no...  i went to [place]...'

me:  'oh!  [nephew] and i were just there, too!'

dinnertime i went back to my parents' place...

me:  'where were you earlier, mom?'

mom:  'i went to [bank across the mall where i went and the supermarket where my nephew was]...'

me:  'wow!  all four of us were so near each other!  we could have met up!'

♩ ♪  got to believe in magic
tell me how two people find each other
in a world that's full of strangers  ♫ ♬

:")

No comments:

Post a Comment