not anymore

i was absent from the office yesterday.  morning i could hardly open my eyes, i was sooooooooo sleepy.  i was afraid if i got up and drove off, i'd fall asleep at the wheel.

i think this can be traced to the saturday morning texts which woke me up followed by my late saturday night out with a high school best friend which saw me coming home past midnight.

add to that sunday.  i sent out mother's day greetings in the morning but the thanks and acknowledgments came throughout the day, even up to evening.  my phone kept on sounding off, my afternoon sleep kept on getting interrupted.  evening i met up with someone to discuss something, then off to my parents' place to greet my mom.  i drove back to my place almost 1 am.

monday i was at the office.  after office i went to my parents' place; after that to my best friend's place.  again i got home close to midnight.

you have these young ones going through the day none the worse for their late nights.  i am not like that, not anymore.  only reminds me that with me it is now 'young once'  : }

No comments:

Post a Comment