wedding and songs

i was in front of our building with my officemates when one of our contractors came out the front door. he saw me, smiled and went, "how are you?"

normally i would just have replied, "fine" or "ok" but since i was wearing something not quite appropriate for the office, i told him, "i'm getting married..."

he went, "you're getting married???"

me: "nope... just kidding... ' am going to attend a wedding..."

he went, "oh..."

then suddenly, it occurred to me that he might think i simply don't know english enough to know the difference between attending a wedding and getting married. he's australian. i sure hope it came across that i was kidding, not that i was unable to express myself correctly : }

= = = = = = = = = =



in the van to the wedding, love is all that matters played on the radio:

Love is all that matters, faithful and forever
Keepin' us together, love is all we need
Prisoner of illusion, sentence is suspended
Loneliness is ended, love has set me free


that was one of the songs during the couples' dance at my wedding. the first song was sunrise, sunset from fiddler on the roof:

Is this the little girl I carried?
Is this the little boy at play?


I don't remember growing older
When did they?


When did she get to be a beauty?
When did he grow to be so tall?


Wasn't it yesterday
When they were small?


it played while my groom was dancing with his mom, and i with my dad. when the music segued to love is all that matters, we changed partners: i with my groom, my dad with my mom, my groom's widowed mom with my groom's uncle.

memories...

= = = = = = = = = =



at church during the wedding, there was the usual, "what God had joined together, let no man put asunder." the priest talked about husbands and wives supposed to be staying together and holding on  ->  no matter what.

ouch!

= = = = = = = = = =



at the recepton, ikaw filled the air:

Ikaw ang bigay ng Maykapal
Tugon sa aking dasal
Upang sa lahat ng panahon
Bawat pagkakataon
Ang ibigin ko'y ikaw

...



Ang lahat ng aking galaw
Ang sanhi ay ikaw
Kung may bukas mang tinatanaw
Dahil may isang ikaw
Kulang ang magpakailan man
Upang bawat sandali ay...
Upang muli't muli ay...
Ang mahalin ay ikaw.


i unexpectedly shed a tear. yikes!

an instrumental version of the song was playing when i got engaged.  it also was sung at my wedding (i think it's a staple in every wedding...).  ugh!

a while later, pangako came up:

Pangako hindi kita iiwan
Pangako di ko pababayaan
Pangako hindi ka na mag-iisa
Pangakong magmula ngayo’y tayong dalawa
Ang magkasama


i told my officemate, 'that would be my next song...'

no more tears...

No comments:

Post a Comment