identity crisis

leaving a parking lot this afternoon, i asked a parking attendant sitting nearby:  'where's the other parking attendant?'

parking attendant 2:  'i'm the parking attendant...'

me:  'no...  the one i talked to earlier...'

parking attendant 2:  'i'm the one...'

me:  'you were the one i was talking to???'

parking attendant 2:  'yes...'

me:  'we talked?!'

parking attendant 2:  'yes...'

me:  'the guy looked different...'

parking attendant 2:  'it's me...'

me:  'really???'

parking attendant 2:  'yes!'

hmmm...  my car has been parked less than an hour...  is my memory that bad that i could not recall his face at all?  people's faces don't normally change that much in such a short time...  anyway, i was ready to hand him my tip when suddenly the attendant i was looking for showed up...

parking attendant 2:  'oh, he's here...  that's him...'

me:  'yes, it's him!  how come you were telling me it's you?  i knew he looked different...'

i handed the first attendant my tip and then went someplace else and again parked there...  a lady with a baby on her hips said she'll look after my car...

ok...

15 minutes later i was back...

me to a guy directing some cars:  'where's the woman with a baby?'

guy:  'my mother?'

me:  'she's your mom?'

guy:  'yes...'

hmmm...  he looked old enough to be her husband...

me:  'where is she?'

guy:  'my mother just left awhile...'

oh?  ok...  i just handed the tip to the 'son'...

whatever...

No comments:

Post a Comment