guessing game

me pointing to food / traces on my sister's plate:  'you've eaten so much junk food for dessert!  you've had french fries, pringles, chex mix, selecta, magnum...'

dad who's also having magnum:  'is this junk food?'

me:  'well, okay, it's ice cream so maybe it's not junk food...'

dad:  'this is ice cream?'

me:  'yes...  what did you think it was?'

dad:  'what are those little pieces they put on top of cakes?'

me:  'icing?'

dad:  'no...  the one that kids eat...  it's soft like cotton...'

me:  'cotton candy?'

dad:  'no...  that white thing they put on chocolate as well...'

me:  'whipped cream?'

dad:  'no...  i know what it is, i just can't remember...'

mom:  'i know it, too...  it's on the tip of my tongue...  it starts with M...'

sister:  'meringue?'

mom:  'no...  it's on swiss miss...'

sister:  'marshmallow?'

mom and dad:  'yes!'

; )

No comments:

Post a Comment