as you say

my cousin and i like to order items from this online mall.  you earn points you can use for your purchases and they have a countdown sale where the price of certain items drops by 1% per hour.

points and countdown could get you items at a really good price and even for free if you have enough points.  (you earn basic points simply by logging in.  additional points you get by playing games that pop up every once in a while (during login or when you click merchandise on the site).  no skill required.  the games simply entail having to choose which of two boxes to open or whether or not to open a box (you can either gain or lose points by opening).)

we like to update each other on our purchases and she's been telling me that i've been getting countdown items at a still high price.  she says she herself would have waited for the price to drop some more before purchasing.

i tell her i put a value on my feelings.  i ask myself, if i wait for the price to drop some more and then someone else gets it ahead of me, will the money i saved or the points i retained give me as much joy as having the item itself?  if something i like will drop by this certain amount in 5 hours, will my suspense and anticipation and possible disappointment within the said 5 hours be worth the discount?

a 1% drop per hour means a P500 item will drop by P25 in 5 hours.  i'd rather pay the P25 or use more points than risk losing the item to someone else.

now she tells me she bought this item for P800.

me:  'huh?!  that's too high!  i've been seeing that in the countdown, the price drops to much lower.'

cousin:  'there were over a hundred views already, i was afraid someone else would get it...'

me:  'for all you know these people just keep on checking out the price every hour...  not everyone computes...'

cousin:  'hmmm...  yes...  but then it was originally P1,600 so i saved P800 already...'

me:  'yup...  but you should also take into consideration the item's track record...  it's been dropping so low so why snap it up so high?  you had a lot of points?'

cousin:  'just 300...  i added P500...'

me:  'that's too much!'

cousin:  'i was actually thinking whether i should wait for it to go lower but then i remembered what you said, 'will a P500 bill in front of me give me as much joy as having the item itself?''

oh...  you heeded me!

♩ ♪  i cried a tear  ♫ ♬

;"p

No comments:

Post a Comment