erase

i call a restaurant...

me:  'hello...  i'd like to know what size your whole chocolate cake is...  how many inches?'

staff asks me to wait awhile then comes back to tell me:  '4 to 5 inches, ma'am...'

me:  'oh...  so your whole cake is a mini-cake?'

staff:  'no, ma'am...'

me:  'but it's 4 to 5 inches?'

staff:  'yes, ma'am...  but it's 12 slices...'

me:  '12 slices?!  that's so small!'

staff:  'no, ma'am...'

me:  'oh...  so you mean it's 12 4-inch cakes?  there are 12 pieces?'

staff:  'no, ma'am...  just one cake...'

me:  'and it's 4 inches?'

staff:  '4 to 5 inches, ma'am...'

me:  'why would you slice a 4-inch cake in 12 slices???  that's bite-size!  i've bought countless cakes, standard size is 8 inches, 8 to 10 slices...  yours is 4 and then 12 slices?!  that is very unusual...  did you measure?'

staff:  'oh!  sorry, ma'am...  it's 8 inches...'

; p

No comments:

Post a Comment