special memory

aunts and uncles testing my 91-year-old aunt's memory...  each of the siblings was asking their eldest sister when their birthday is...

my aunt is able to answer every single one correctly...  : )

and then an uncle pulls me...  he asks my aunt, 'how about bong?  when is her birthday?'

me:  'she doesn't know my birthday!  that would really be surprising if she suddenly remembers it now...'

guess what, she got my birth month and was close on the date!  wow!

we're a BIG family, over two hundred:  blood descendants from my maternal grandparents plus spouses.  i remember my relatives' birthdays mainly because i have a list and, of course, now there's facebook to remind you...

i am so touched and impressed my aunt knows such details.  she's in her twilight years and it would be understandable if she forgets.  but no, her heart remembers...  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment