happy-sad

i received a totally unexpected text this evening, one of the pleasant kind : )

someone wanted to pair me off with a friend of hers.  that would not have been unusual, except that this someone is someone i would never think would bother about such things.  i am surprised... and i am flattered...

since i became 'single' again, there have been numerous offers to pair me off with this guy and that.

my cousin in the US e-mailed my mom asking whether she could set me up with a good friend of hers based here in the philippines.  my mom did not even tell me, i only accidentally discovered, she immediately declined on my behalf, ha-ha.

my aunt's friends, when we were in the US, said they were going to introduce someone to me.

a high school batchmate, also in the US, asked whether he could pair me off with someone there.

a friend of mine thought of pairing me off with her brother-in-law.

one of our suppliers wanted to introduce someone to me.

a former staff of mine wants to pair me off with his new boss.

i've been consistent in declining these things... i don't want set-ups... i want something spontaneous, unplanned...

given all this, i can't help thinking, all these people think i am a desirable and worthy partner.  sad that the one who actually bagged me was too busy to notice...

No comments:

Post a Comment