attributing their idea to me : }

i prepared a document last month which i was supposed to submit to someone.  but before i do that, i had to give a heads up first to a few other people.  ok.

talked to this and that and that.  done.  off to the penultimate recipient.

before i got to said person, i was told that the previous persons i talked to wanted to talk to me again.

oh, ok.

so i go there and they tell me that they've raised it with the person who was my next stop.

yey!  thanks...  : )

then they ask me about dates.

i told them what i had previously told them, even showing them the printout of the document i had earlier prepared.

then they ask why that date.

oh, take 2?  no prob.  i again told them what i had earlier told them:  this certain thing is supposed to start on this certain date and i'm just going to see it through and then i'm going to avail myself of certain internal credits and after that that's it.

oh, so that is your basis?

yes.

how about this other thing, aren't you going to utilize it?

will you allow me?

yes.

are you sure???

yes, that is yours.

hmmm...  will this other person allow me?

why not?  you've earned it.

wow, good then.  'twill be easier to do that than to collect.

so this time, we ended with them telling me to revise the doc, mentioning this particular term and specifying a different date.

ok.  so revise the doc i did then presented to them.

guess what, they were surprised the revised date was too far ahead telling me such couldn't be.

i said that is precisely the reason i did not choose that option before, reminding them they were actually the ones who brought it up.

the retort almost made me fall off my seat.  they said i was the one who brought it up, quoting my statement about utilization being easier than collection.

huh?!  i said that is something i said AFTER they raised the utilization option.

they told me they just followed my lead.

what???!!!  i showed them the earlier printout i was supposed to submit to the penultimate recipient.  the date i placed there would show that i was not going to go the route of utilization.

regardless.  they still maintain i was the one who brought it up.

ugh!  my original printout and my earlier verbal pronouncements would show otherwise.  i told them i'll just submit my original printout.

they agree emphasizing i better just collect.

ok, ok.  that was my original intent, duh!

No comments:

Post a Comment