wrong number

phone call...

caller:  'hello...  nognog please...'

me:  'ooops, sorry...  wrong number...'


lady calls again...

caller:  'hello...  is nognog there?'

me:  'aw, sorry...  please check your number...  there's no nognog here...'

caller:  'raymond's companion...'

me:  'sorry, there's no nognog and there's no raymond here...  wrong number...'

caller:  'this is the number we were given...'

me:  'hmmm...  maybe you pressed a wrong key...'


lady calls again...

me:  'sorry, we don't know any nognog...  wrong number...'

caller:  'this is the number we've been calling...'

me:  'kindly check...  there's no one by that name here...'

caller:  'how 'bout saysay?'

me:  'there's no saysay, no nognog, no raymond here...  sorry, wrong number...'

caller:  'where are you from?'

me:  'you, from where are you?'

caller:  'masbate...'

me:  'oh, this is manila...  if you keep on calling you'll be wasting money...  you're incurring long-distance charges...  check your num--'

lady didn't wait for me to finish my sentence...  she put down the phone and did not call again...  ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment