roundabout

my phone rings...

me:  'hello...'

caller:  'hello!'

i blurt out a pet name...

caller:  'why are you whispering?'

me:  'am i whispering?  who's this?'

caller:  'you don't know who i am?!'

me:  'i think i do but suddenly i'm not sure...'

caller:  'who am i?'

me:  'i don't wanna mention a name...  what if it's wrong?'

caller:  'so what if it's wrong?'

me:  'then you'd already know who i had in mind...'

caller:  'so what!'

me:  'i don't like it...  that has happened to me before...  i got a call...  i thought it was this guy...  ' turns out it was someone else...  i learn from my lessons...  i'm not gonna repeat that...'

caller:  'so you don't know me?!'

me:  'i think i do but i'm not 100% sure...  i don't wanna risk it...  say something no one else knows...'

caller:  'say something known only to me?'

me:  'duh!  say something known to the two of us, a place, a thing, whatever, so i could confirm it's you...'

caller says his name...

gah!

No comments:

Post a Comment