food for the soul

it's both international women's day and national pancake day today and a friend wanted to go back to this place whose pancakes i'm not a fan of...  well, you do things you don't like for friends so meet there we did...

while having our meal, she constantly complained about the crumbly pancakes and even blurted out, 'my pancakes taste better than this!'

me:  'see!  i told you!'
(wahaha...  yup, i am an i-told-you-so person...  if you ever complain to me about something i've warned you about, i'm definitely going to remind you that i've given fair warning...)

friend backtracks:  'it's ok...  we're helping others...'
(80% of the price of the pancake will go to a foundation helping sick children)

me:  'hahaha...  yeah...  just focus on the children these pancakes will help...'

as one of the meal prayer cards in my parents' house says:
'may the purpose of our eating be to gain strength to serve others'

No comments:

Post a Comment