stretch

friend:  'you're late!'

me:  'i wasn't...  <toot> and i walked in at the same time...'

friend:  'oh!  i didn't see you in your usual seat when i arrived...  i thought you were late...'

me:  'haha...  you came early so you didn't see me right away...  you stretched that to mean i didn't arrive on time...'

there are facts and there are inferences, not always correct...

just the day before my sister was telling me i bore holes in their sponge when i wash forks and knives......

me:  'huh?!  where would i use forks and knives?  i just drink [bottled] juice [in their house]...  i'm not gonna use a fork on juice...  more so a knife...  don't tell me i'm gonna slice liquid...'

sister:  'i saw you before, you were washing...  you press the fork and the knife against the sponge...'

me:  'what exactly did you see?  i press the tines and the blade against the green [hard] side of the sponge...  i flip the sponge...  i've been doing that for years...  it doesn't cause holes...  you can check the sponge at my place...  it doesn't have holes...'

i show her their day-old sponge...  it has holes on the yellow [soft] side...

me:  'look at this...  i haven't washed anything yet and it already has holes...  that couldn't be me...'

we should know where reality ends and where imagination begins...  ; p

No comments:

Post a Comment