authentication

our renewal credit cards were delivered yesterday.  the principal cardholder is supposed to activate each card through SMS.


my mom told me she has sent SMS to activate hers.  uhm, she's just my supplementary cardholder.

me:  'let's see whether <issuing bank> will activate your card.  it's my number that's registered with them not yours.  i'm the principal.'

mom:  'they've already replied.'

me:  'that's auto-reply.  it's just an acknowledgment of your message not confirmation of activation.'

this afternoon i received a text message from my mom saying her card activation was not successful.

good!
it would have been dangerous if the card company allowed activation from any number.  imagine if a card were intercepted/misdelivered and the recipient was able to activate the card from any phone 😨

No comments:

Post a Comment