now i know

there's this countdown sale (price drops by 1% per hour) i've been checking out on a daily basis and in the process, i've become familiar with certain items i never really paid attention to before.

it used to be all i knew was a butcher's knife and a bread knife and then everything else was just, well, a knife.  now i know this one is a boning knife, that one a fillet knife, the other a paring knife, etc.

i've been showing off (hahaha) my newfound knowledge to my mom and so she was asking me what type of knife the one she was holding was.  i said the length is for a paring knife but the shape looks to me like a santoku (say!  ; ) ).

anyway, i told her about this kitchen utensil i've been seeing since i was small.  i said when i got married we received one as part of a set and even up to that time, i didn't really know what it was.  one time i so awkwardly tried to use it as a turner wondering why on earth it had a 90 degree angle for the handle and the scooping (or so i thought) part.  well, from the countdown i now know that it is a potato masher.  yes, a potato masher, imagine!

i love mashed potatoes!  at some point in my life, when my retainers were new, all i was eating was mashed potatoes!  i've been seeing this utensil for the longest time and only recently did i find out that it is for mashed potatoes!

my, oh, my!  unbelievable how you could be so ignorant about something you love...  :"}

hmmm...  you could substitute 'someone' for the 'something' there, too...  ; p

No comments:

Post a Comment