my longest call

it is midweek and it is the third day i was sleepy at the office : }



i started the workweek sluggish as sunday 10 pm to monday 1:45 am i was on the phone with a high school batchmate.  it is so far my longest phone conversation, an overseas call from japan at that.  uh-oh, i wonder how much the call cost.  good thing i'm not the one paying, ha-ha...



it is only wednesday and i have already begged off from two after-office see-yous -> i wanted to be able to sleep early.  i haven't recovered up to now though as yesterday and today i had to wake up early.  yesterday, because my car was coding and supposed to be off the road between 7 am to 7 pm.  today, because i wanted to be at the transportation office early for my car's registration.



i was looking forward to a long, restful sleep this weekend but this morning i already received an invitation for saturday.  i did not yet accept.  i enjoy the company of these batchmates but i think it's really about time i slow down as all these activities are exhausting me.  yup, i am up, about, all bubbly and giggly during the get-togethers but the moment i am alone in the car, i start to feel sleepy and my eyelids begin to droop.  very risky...



going back to the call, i was actually suprised i was able to stay that long on the phone.  one, i am not really a phone person (ooops, don't over-read -> i do appreciate caring, hello-how are yous.  keep 'em coming, ha-ha).  two, i've only had minimal interaction with the said batchmate.  nevertheless, we had a really enjoyable conversation :)



i was amused at her observations about me, based on our batch pictures posted on the web:



  1.  i am very simple, neither accessories nor makeup



  2.  i don't have a bag



  3.  i always have a key hanging around my neck



ha-ha-ha... i am sure there is a fourth one she simply did not mention  ->  4.  i am always wearing slippers



on the first, i don't know whether she meant it as a compliment or a criticism.  anyhow, true, i rarely wear make-up.  and the only stuff on me are my clothes, ha-ha... well, plus my rings, one on each hand... and earrings, three of them, two on the left ear, one on the right...



on the second, i do have a bag but i don't carry it around with me.  at the office, it sits atop my desk.  when i'm out and parked nearby, i usually leave it in the car.



on the third, that key is the key to my heart.  joke!  it is my car key.  i hang it around my neck so i don't misplace it.  if it's in my pocket, i might lose it.  besides, i don't always have pockets.  a neck, i always have ; )



on the unmentioned fourth, ha-ha-ha, i do wear decent footwear at the office.  the thing is, after office, i change to those slippers.  i like them because they have spikes on the sole and are supposed to promote good circulation and press certain accupressure points.  i've had several pairs and i know it is time to replace the ones i wear but i haven't had time to go back to where i buy them.



it's been my habit to change into these spiky slippers when i leave the office.  one time, i had an interagency meeting someplace.  parking is scarce at the venue so what i did was park someplace else then just hailed a cab to my destination.  horrors!  i was already near the venue when i noticed that i was in my slippers!  ugh!  i was attending a meeting of national import with respectable attendees and there i was wearing slippers.  i did not have time to go back to where i parked so i just tried to hide my feet under the table.  embarrassing... : }



anyhow, i was touched by the effort the batchmate put in to contact me.  boy, did she incur a lot of charges.  first, she called me at my place.  i was not there yet so she just left a message on my answering machine.  next day, she called again.  i was home but she hung up before i reached the phone running from upstairs.  she then called my parents' place.  my mom told her i was at my place.  so again she called me at home.  this time she caught me but i was on my way out to hear mass.  she said she'd just call again.  she called in the afternoon, again i wasn't able to reach the phone before she hung up.  later, she called again.  again i ran from upstairs but still didn't catch her call.  i stayed beside my landline waiting for it to ring.  nope, it does not ring but my cell phone does.  good thing i brought it downstairs with me.  finally, we were talking, ha-ha-ha.  we transferred to my landline and was on the phone two hours when my cell phone rings again.  what do you know, it was another batchmate calling from new york.  i don't know why of all times he called me midnight.  anyway, i told him i had an overseas call from japan in the other line.  he said he'd just call again.  i then resumed my conversation with my batchmate on the other line.  we were talking and talking and talking not noticing the time then suddenly i lost her.  now i've been told by a friend they were on the phone some other time and the call ended only because her battery went dead.  i assume that's what happened in our case, too.  i looked at the clock and it was 1:45 am.  time to sleep... with happy thoughts... : )

No comments:

Post a Comment