bittersweet

someone gave me a bagful of chocolates yesterday. i should be totally happy -> i LOVE chocolates... but then the deed tugged a bit at my heartstrings. it reminded me of the time i was still with the guy i vowed to spend the rest of my life with (ouch!).



the guy was not content with giving me one, three, five, a dozen chocolates. nope, he regularly bought me a bagful, as in, one grocery-bagful, sometimes more.



i grew up with chocolates, actually. when we were younger, my dad was the one who bought them for us. when we got older, we were the ones who bought them ourselves. there were always chocolates in our ref.



but then my guy's version was a bit over the top -> chocolates were spilling out our refrigerator shelves. i am normally very appreciative but this one has reached the point where instead of joy, his chocolates were causing me dismay. i kept on telling him, "babe, i'm going to contract diabetes with all these stuff." still, he kept on piling them up. i could always give them away, true. but whenever i did, he'd just buy me more.



if only relationships survived on chocolates. too bad, they don't...

No comments:

Post a Comment