pure heart

an officemate was telling me that he was curious about the caliber of guys that catch my attention.  huh?!  caliber, my foot, ha-ha-ha.  he wouldn't be able to make heads or tails about the guys i've loved in the past, ha-ha.  they go from one extreme to the other  --  from, 'good choice, girl!' to 'what on earth did you see in him???' ha-ha-ha

i have preferences, of course.  i'd like my guy to be dark, and like this, and like that.  but then, my heart sometimes chooses differently, disregarding whatever criteria i've set.  the only non-negotiable as far as i am concerned is falling for someone who is already taken.  no way. other than that, everything is fair game.

the sweetest loves, the greatest ones, are those decided purely by the heart.  not everyone, however, is brave enough, or foolish enough, to give such choices a go.  maybe because the deepest pains arise too from such choices...

No comments:

Post a Comment