happy

i was at my parents' place last night.  i was lazing around on the sofa when my niece blurted out, 'you're smiling by yourself, tita...'

i went, 'was i?!'

my niece said yes, mimicked my smile, ribbed me about it and then amusedly asked for the reason for my smile.

hmmm... honestly, i wasn't aware i was smiling.  i came up with something about taking only so many muscles to smile while it takes much more to frown.  i told her you get less wrinkles smiling than frowning.

she pointed to her forehead and asked, 'wrinkles like this?'

i told her those are pimples (ooops!) on her forehead not wrinkles.

she didn't know what wrinkles were!  oh, the blessings of youth.  i therefore explained.

anyway, i tried to recall what it was on my mind that time that could have triggered a smile.  well, the song two less lonely people in the world crossed my mind that time:

♪  in my life where everything was wrong


something finally went right


now there's two less lonely people


in the world tonight  ♫



i guess it brought a smile in my heart which crept up to my face, haha.

i dunno but i've just been really happy lately.  (nope, i don't have a boyfriend yet.)  simple things have been bringing me so much joy.  out of proportion, actually.  oh, well, happy state.  i won't complain... : )

No comments:

Post a Comment