car fool

my last two heartbreaks started out with a car.

the first one, we were driving along EDSA and the guy suddenly grabbed my hand.  i tried pulling away but i really couldn't flail too much as i was afraid we'd figure in a vehicle collision.  my strength was no match to the guy who was big and, uhm, cute so eventually i gave in.

true i was dating but having a boyfriend was farthest from my mind that time as i was supposed to fly to the US with my mom and my aunts the following month.  well, i had to be left behind.  not only did i get into an unexpected relationship that time, i also quite so quickly ended up a bride to an in-a-rush-to-get-married-groom.  talk about whirlwind.  and i guess, you sow a whirlwind, you reap a storm...  : (

the other one was again unexpected.  so this guy and i went out and then close to midnight, supposedly cinderella me wanted to go home.  well, the guy didn't want me to.  i insisted and stood up to walk over to my car.  what does he do?  he blocked the door!  as in, this tall (and dark and handsome, aaww) guy was standing right in front of my car door!  ugh!

i didn't want to create a scene so i just kept on begging him to let me in.  he wouldn't.

finally i told him my legs are tired and i wanted to sit down.  that was effective, he let me in (but not before offering his lap.  huh?!  no, thank you.).

that was not the end of it, however.  the guy this time positioned himself between the open door and the car itself such that i couldn't close the door without squeezing him.  aaarrrrggghhh!!!

it seemed like forever that we've been talking and bargaining and my heart bled a bit seeing him hold such uncomfortable squatting position just to keep me from driving off.  i decided to get out of the car and walked him over to the other side of the parking lot.  guess what, he again followed me when i walked back to my car!

we had a light moment kidding about walking each other back and forth across the parking lot.

my resistance wore out and i eventually ended up his girl that early morn beside my car in the parking lot.

the guy promised me the moon and the stars unfortunately the relationship turned out to be more like a meteor.  it disintegrated leaving behind wishes that did not quite come true...  </3

anyway, i was telling a friend i guess i'll have to add a new rule now.

it used to be, i won't ride any guy's car anymore.  either we'll bring separate cars or we'll both take public transportation.

how about no more walking to cars as well?  as in, dine, say thank you and goodbye then walk away alone.  but i guess you cannot really stop guys from following if they really want to.

my friend suggested next time after dinner i'll excuse myself to go to the rest room but proceed instead to my car.  once inside, i'll just call the guy and say goodbye from a very slightly open car window.  wahaha...  paranoid...  but safe...  ; p

so guys, ' am blogging this.  if ever i really resort to that, please understand it's not because i lack manners or am weird or insane.  i'm just trying to learn from the lessons of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment