there are places i remember ; )

i was scheduled to meet a former officemate at gateway mall in cubao yesterday.  now i am a quezon city girl.  i was born and i grew up there, leaving only when i got married after which i transferred to taguig.  well, that was more than a decade ago.

and so i asked my officemate where she wants to meet.

she said at kickers.

me:  you know the place?

officemate:  yes.

me:  you've been there?

officemate:  yes.

me:  ok.  i'll find it.  are there seats there?

officemate:  there's a circular area in front.

ok.  so yesterday i went to gateway and stopped by at the concierge to ask where kickers is.  guess what, they said there's no kickers there!

me:  'really???!!!'

concierge:  'yes, ma'am.'

uh-oh...  i didn't bring my phone...  : }

me:  'is there a store here that sells kickers items?'

concierge:  'you can try rustan's, ma'am...'

ok.  go to rustan's i did.

me:  'do you have kickers here?'

sales assistants ask around then tell me:  'none, ma'am.  kickers is in shangri-la and makati.'

what the....  i was thinking my officemate probably just got the store name wrong so i looked around for a circular area at the mall.  i found one and loitered there awhile.  well, no sight of my officemate.

i decided to look for some other area that could at least pass for round.  i walked over to the escalator praying to God to please let me see my officemate.

guess what, going down the escalator i spotted her leaning against a railing at the floor below.  whoa!  talk about prayers so quickly answered!  God is really good!  : D

my officemate saw me and burst into chuckles going 'sorry, sorry...'

i was like, 'what kickers on earth were you talking  about???!!!'

it turns out her memory somehow faltered and the kickers store she had in mind was actually at some other mall.

well, we found each other somehow so no problem.

we tried out the natural-cut fries with sea salt at wendy's then walked around the mall.

she was looking for an item she said she bought at a gift gate store.

hmmm...  we asked around whether there's gift gate there and were told there's none.

i went, 'i know gift gate is at ali mall.'

my officemate goes, 'let's go there.'

me:  'you sure?  that's far.  i'm not going to go with you back to gateway if we go there.'  (she's going to take public transportation near gateway.)

she said it's ok.

off to ali mall we went.  we stopped by the concierge to ask where gift gate is.

their reply?  there's no gift gate there.

what???!!!  so lightning struck twice???!!!  : O

i went, 'but there used to be?'

concierge:  'that's a long time ago, ma'am.'

wahaha...

♩ ♪  there are places i remember all my life
though some have changed
some forever, not for better
some have gone and some remain  ♫ ♬

; p

No comments:

Post a Comment