stop calling me


this morning, my phone rang.  i got excited seeing the number.  i had missed calls from that number last week yet.  i was curious who the caller could be.  i was hoping 'twould be, uhm, someone i'd be happy to talk to again...  :")

well, guess what, i take the call and it was someone else.  i was actually disappointed...  : }

the caller said something.  i said 'ok' then immediately hang up.  he rang again a couple more times.  i wasn't interested.

this guy i've decided to cut out of my life.  let's just say that i found his words, uhm, unreliable.  i don't like that.  (i dunno who does.)

normally i'd refrain from talking to such people.  i don't want to waste my time listening to stuff i am not sure i can believe.  this one, however, was living by himself that time.  sympathetic me therefore could not get myself to ignore his calls.  i was thinking, what if it's an emergency?  what if he needs anything?  what if he slipped?  what if he's been hurt?  what if, what if, what if...

i therefore went on talking to him, just over the phone, declining every single request to see each other again.  several times i've been tempted to hang up on him  ->  his words, his thoughts, his plans, sometimes they make me want to puke, ugh!  anyway, i just consoled myself with the thought that the situation wasn't a permanent one.  he was scheduled to join his family in a while and then there'd be someone who will be there for him.  i thought i could put up until that time.  unfortunately, my patience ran out.

there was a time i cared so much about this guy.  has he eaten?  is he hungry?  is he safe?  there was a time i was concerned what he thought of me.  and then something snapped.  i dunno.  there came a point when he just ceased to matter.  there he was misinterpreting my statements, stringing together words i spoke in different contexts, and i wouldn't so much as try to correct him.  it really didn't matter to me anymore what he thought of me.  actually, it didn't matter to me anymore what he thought, period.

No comments:

Post a Comment