caps and kisses


someone gave me a cap yesterday.  he was about to put it on my head and i suddenly veered away going, "oh, no, no, no..."

he looked puzzled and asked why.

i said when you put your cap on a girl then you're entitled to a kiss.

he was like, "i'm not gonna kiss you..."

me:  "what if you do?!"

i guess he was a combination annoyed, perplexed and frustrated.  anyway, he just handed me the cap.

sorry, really, ' am paranoid...  my dad is a military man.  my estranged husband, a master mariner.  these two professions have this certain tradition with caps.  i remember my dad telling me before, if a girl puts on a (PMA) cadet's shako, then the cadet is supposed to kiss the girl.  no, it's not taking advantage.  it's tradition...  and you're not supposed to break it.

x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment