discount

i ordered a couple of small mirrors over the phone yesterday.  the guy i was talking to quoted them to me at P30 each.  i was actually surprised.  i didn't expect the price to be that low.

anyway, this morning i went to the shop to pick up the items.  the store staff computed the price for me, using this standard price per inch list that they have, and came up with P45 each.  uh-oh.  i had with me only P60.  yup, exact!

i don't really bring cash.  the most that i have with me is P200; a lot of times lower ; sometimes none at all.  i've been like this for decades.  my mom is aghast...  : }

i usually have my credit and ATM cards with me though.

this one, however, the shop is only two blocks away from my place.  i just walked over with nothing but P60 in my pocket.

i asked the store staff how come the guy gave me a quote of only P30 yesterday.

she was surprised.  she went, 'that's the price our boss gave you?!'

i said yes.

she asked the boss.

the guy said he indeed quoted me the mirrors for P30 each.

with that, the staff told me, 'if that's the price our boss gave you then that's the amount i will collect from you.'

yey!  so i paid only P60 for something that normally would have cost P90...  : )

ei, i did not ask for a discount when i was talking to the boss.  i didn't even know he was the boss.  i simply inquired and that was his reply.

that's a 33% discount, guys.  what a way to start the year.  i am sooo happy...  : )))

No comments:

Post a Comment