knowing what you have

i was supposed to take a picture of this group when they requested me to join in.  i therefore checked around for something on which i could place my camera.

first a glass, but it was too low.  then a saucer on top of the glass, not high enough still.  i went, 'i guess i'll have to get my tripod...'  (it's just in my bag on a nearby table.  it's a mini-tripod, 15 cm. extendible to 20.)

then someone in the group told me to just use hers.  they handed it to me, it's similar to mine, and i pulled out the base to extend the legs.  i set the camera on timer and joined the shot.

guess what, my friend was telling me the owner was telling her she's had that tripod for so long and she didn't even know you could extend the legs.  ooops...

sometimes it takes someone else to bring out and make us realize the full potential of something we have but don't quite know.

No comments:

Post a Comment