a better deal

called a distributor about a certain item i want to purchase...

me:  'i'd like to know how much <item> is, please...'

company representative checks:  'we sell it at <price>, ma'am...'

me:  'do you accept credit cards or just cash?'

company representative:  'cash only, ma'am...  but they have it at <retail store> ...  there they accept credit cards...'

me:  'do you have the same price?'

company representative:  'they have a higher price, ma'am...'

me:  'by how much?'

company representative:  'maybe around P200, ma'am...'

me:  'oh...  so i'll just buy from you then...'

company representative:  'better at <retail store>, ma'am...  they have 6 months zero percent interest for credit cards...'

me:  'yeah, but they're higher by P200...  i'd rather pay cash and get it at a lower price...'

company representative:  'but if you use your credit card, ma'am, you can still use your cash for something else...'

me:  'well, if i put that amount in the bank it's not gonna earn P200 in a year so i'm better off paying in cash...'

econ 101...

No comments:

Post a Comment