sweating the small stuff

i'm the family's cake girl...  from as far back as i can remember, i've been the one who buys cake for our special days...  i have a pretty good track record...  majority like the cakes i've been bringing home (uhm, it's very hard to please my dad)...

last night...

me:  'what cake do you want?  chocolate...'

sister cuts me off:  'i don't want chocolate...'

me:  'caramel?'

sister:  'i don't want caramel...'

me:  'ice cream cake?'

sister:  'i don't want ice cream...'

me:  'mango?'

sister:  'i don't want mango...'

me:  'hmmm...  <bakeshoppe 1> and <bakeshoppe 2> have nice cakes but they don't really taste good...'

sister:  'just be the one to choose...'

(that's what i've been doing for years actually...  i'd just come home with a cake...  this time, however, my sister walked by so i asked...  uhm, maybe not a wise move on hindsight...)

me:  'i was thinking of getting ice cream cake...'

sister:  'i don't want ice cream cake...  but yeah, maybe ice cream cake is good for dad right now...'

(my dad just had a tooth extracted...)

at the mall today, my sister and i saw dulcinea...  we entered...  there was chocolate cake...  the staff says it's good but then appearance-wise it seemed rather ordinary so pass...

next we were at tully's...  they had three cakes on display:  cheesecake, chocolate cheesecake and chocolate cake...  the chocolate cheesecake caught my sister's fancy...  i asked the staff which he liked best...  he said he's a chocolate-lover so for him it's the chocolate cake...  my sister was still inclined toward the chocolate cheesecake...

me:  'i thought you said you don't want chocolate...'

sister:  'this one's cheesecake and the chocolate's only topping...'

ok...  we told the guy we'd just check out some stuff and then come back for the chocolate cheesecake...

my sister and i went to gateway supposedly to buy footwear...  there was mary grace there, however, (i've bought various cakes from them.  i love their chocolate cake.  my niece likes their black velvet.) and my sister wanted to check it out...  ok...  well, none of the cakes appealed to her...

we checked out starbucks just a few steps away (i love their chocolate cake, too...)...  my sister liked the 'guilt-free indulgence' and she said that's just what we should get but from the ali mall branch so we won't have to carry it around...  ok...

when we got to ali mall, they had no 'guilt-free indulgence'...  : }

we ended up with dairy queen oreo blizzard  ->  close to what i wanted to buy in the first place, i.e., chocolate xtreme blizzard...

note to self:
next time, don't complicate the simple...
just go out and buy cake, on your own, by yourself...  ; p

No comments:

Post a Comment