the chicken flew out the window

i was trying to settle hospital bills...

cashier:  'the bill is not yet here, ma'am...'

me:  'oh...  i'll just pay P12,000 for the meantime then...'

cashier:  'you don't need to, ma'am...  just wait for the bill so you would know the exact amount...'

me:  'it's ok...  the payment will appear in your system, right?  'twill be deducted from the total?'

cashier:  'yes, ma'am...'

me:  'ok...  i'm paying P12,000 now...  i'll just pay the rest later...'

cashier:  'you might overpay, ma'am...'

me:  'no...  when i paid yesterday, there was still P14,000 outstanding...'

cashier:  'you'll still have philhealth deductions, ma'am...'

me:  'we were told philhealth does not cover measles...  plus the running total still does not include doctors' fees so even if i pay 12 now i'm sure that still won't cover the full amount...'

cashier:  'just pay later, ma'am...'

me:  'it's ok...  this is card anyway...  even if i pay now or later 'twill still be due on the same day...'

the cashier reluctantly took my card, i signed the slip (without checking, ugh!) then she issued me a receipt...

later when i was checking the bill, i noticed that it was P2,000 more than the outstanding balance i was expecting...

me:  'i paid P12,000 earlier, right?'

cashier:  'P10,000 only, ma'am...'

me:  '10?  why 10?  i said i was paying 12...'

cashier:  'i swiped only 10, ma'am...'

me:  'huh?!  why?!  don't you know i get a free bucket of chicken when i charge P12,000 on this card?  will you buy me a bucket???  next time when i tell you to swipe 12, you swipe 12...'

things that may seem arbitrary to you might not be arbitrary to me...  \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment