cleansed

i have this shirt that i stained on a mountain years back.  i've washed and worn it, just around the house, a handful of times since then.

the way i wash, i soak my laundry in detergent overnight.  following day, i drain and again soak overnight, this time in water.  day 3, i drain, soak at least an hour in water, rinse and hang.  all the soaking and rinsing i do in the washing machine.  nope, i don't spin; i don't wring; i'd just nudge my clothes here and there to even out the distribution.  uhm, i basically just use the washing machine as a big basin.

my officemate made a remark before how my old clothes still look new, hehe.  (she knew my dress was old because she has seen it from waaaaayyy back.)  i think it's the way i wash that has preserved the clothes (and the dirt?  eeewwww!).

anyway, going back to the stained shirt, i wore it then included it in the pile my mom had for her laundrywoman.  she uses a washing machine (this time as a real washing machine) but she also manually washes and scrubs some parts of the clothes as well.

guess what, when my shirt came back, the stain was no more!  whaaaat???!!!  i was sooo surprised!!!  something that has been stained for years was, in the right hands, suddenly rendered practically spotless again!  wow!!!

it was just a shirt but what happened triggered all these super positive feelings inside me.  i felt so happy and hopeful and blissful and reassured.  i was thinking, that must be how God works in us, he pardons our sins and suddenly we are cleansed...  :")

No comments:

Post a Comment