use it

my mom's ironing lady tells me she was able to cook 2 kilos of spaghetti in the pan i gave her.  she gushed, 'it's big!'

me:  'that's a 28 cm. wok...  regular pans are just 22, 24 and they're not as deep...'

ironing lady:  'my daughter wanted to cook fish in it but i said no.  i told her we'll just use it for meat...'

me:  'oh!  you can cook anything in it...  fish, pork, it doesn't matter...'

ironing lady:  'it might get scratched...'

me:  'no...  that has a good non-stick coating...  it won't scratch easily...  use it for anything...  the more you use it, the more i'm glad...  if you'll just store it or put it on display, i won't give you anymore...'

ironing lady:  'it's the town pan...  people borrow...'

me:  'wow, good...  make sure you tell them not to use metal as that's a non-stick pan...'

ironing lady:  'yes...  i lend them my wooden utensils as well...'

me:  'good...'

ironing lady:  'i tell them to take care of it as the giver will get angry if it gets broken...'
(it has a glass lid.)

me:  'huh?!  no!  i don't mind if it gets broken...  i don't mind if it gets scratched...  what's important to me is that it was used...'

a ship in the harbor is safe
but that's not what ships are for...

No comments:

Post a Comment