give it a try

i forgot to bring my car out of the garage yesterday so this morning i was supposed to squeeze it through a tight spot to get it out of the garage.  that's how the cookie crumbles on our end.  you want to be able to drive out quickly and safely, you have to park your car outside the garage.  why?  because the one (!) lane street in front of our garage has been appropriated as parking slots by persons so very thoughtful and considerate.

good thing my brother was around so instead of me doing the maneuvering, he was the one who drove my car out for me.  how?  first he moved the steel bars between the parking slots in our garage.  then he  positioned my car from straight to diagonal, with the rear protruding to the left beyond the supposed slot and the front very close to the pillar on the right in between the slots. then he drove it out missing the blocking vehicle by not even the width of my hand.  very convenient.  whew!

now i have a story.  just a couple of nights ago, the vehicle blocking my way arrived, again ready to park on the street, while an aunt was dropping off stuff at my parents' house.

my aunt's SUV was idling in front of our garage not at all occupying that part of the street which is being used as permanent parking slot of the arriving vehicle.  (our garage has recessed gates and my aunt's SUV was partially parked within our property.)

the newly-arrived vehicle just stopped behind my aunt's SUV.

i knocked on his window telling him to proceed and park.

he wouldn't.
it was too tight.

eh?!

you put others through it, you won't even consider going through it???

me:  'you try it!  we endure that everyday.  you should try and experience it yourself.'

the guy would not dare attempt it.

wow!

one time he saw me having a hard time squeezing out of the driveway.  instead of moving his vehicle, he just directed me, tapping my car, making sure it doesn't hit his, all along telling me, 'it can be done...  it can be done...  it can go through...  it can go through...'

well, it also could be done the other night.  his vehicle could also go through.  why did he not even attempt???

when you inflict something on others, on a regular basis for so long at that, you should not shy away from trying to experience it yourself as well.

dose of your own medicine.  try it.  bitter pill to swallow.

No comments:

Post a Comment