right and wrong

i applied for a COMELEC Voter's ID years back, 2011 or 2012 maybe?

october 1, 2016, the COMELEC generated a letter notifying me that my ID is "now available for pick-up."

the system-generated letter was received at the QCCPO on february 3, 2017.

march 7, 2017, i received the Registered Mail.

today, april 7, 2017 i went to the COMELEC office at the quezon city hall to pick up the ID.

ta-daaan!  there was an error in the address...  : }

i told the girl i'll have it corrected.

she tried to dissuade me.  she said it will take long.

i said i'm willing to wait.

she tried to convince me to settle for the available ID.

i said i'd like to have an error-free one.

she left with my ID for a while then came back to tell me it was a typographical error.

i said i thought so as i was not going to write my address that way.

she repeated it will take long to have it corrected.

i, too, repeated that i'm willing to wait.

she approached this guy who waved me to his desk.  just like the girl, the guy tried to convince me to just settle for the available ID as a new one will take long.

i said i'm willing to wait.
actually, this is my standard line, too, whenever i try to get my favorite chicken thigh in fastfood chains.  every so often they'll say, thigh part will take longer.  i'd go, 'i'm willing to wait.'

anyway, the guy said it will take five years.

i said it's ok with me.  i'd rather wait for the right one than settle for a wrong one.  [hahaha...  i could also be talking about love here...  <3 <3]

the guy tried to dissuade me some more.

i told him i used to meet with comelec before and i am aware of their problems so i understand.  i am willing to wait for the correct version of my ID even if it takes years.

the guy finally agreed.  he asked the girl to give me a form.

ooops, it was a long form with the word "TRANSFER" stamped on top.

i told them i needed to pick up someone so i'll just come back to fill out the form some other time.

i hope when i get the next one everything will be correct already.  if not, i'll request for a correction again and wait again.  sooner or later, they will get it right.

best of luck to everyone...  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment