you are not alone

i replied to a message in facebook last night.

ta-daaan!!!  the sender said it's okay, they're done with the activity already.

oh?

i re-checked the message.  it was sent february 10 yet!  i replied april 8.  waaahhhh!!!  sorry.

i like to say, if it's important, text or call me.  if you don't have my number, then we probably don't have anything important to talk about, hehe...

but yeah, this guy does not have my number so he would not have been able to text me.

i don't have messenger on my phone.  i intentionally uninstalled years back.  so even if you see me online and send me a message, i won't really be able to read it.  i'd see the message notification but when i click what i'll get is "Install Messenger."

i could access the desktop version on my phone but i really don't want to bother.  i could check the messages when i do facebook on laptop evening anyway.

when i was still with my former office, we were supposed to respond to calls and texts and e-mails within a certain period.  and we always had to have our phones with us.

when i retired, i found it so liberating to finally not be required to read messages right away.  i consider it one of the perks of retirement.

right now i have more than 44,000 unread messages in gmail and more than 73,000 unread messages in yahoo.

don't feel slighted therefore if i haven't read your message.  it's not you; it's me...  :"}

No comments:

Post a Comment