help

at 7-eleven...  guy not allowed to stay inside because he did not have a face shield...

(he asked whether he could just put on his helmet but the 7-eleven crew said no.)

after my transaction, i passed him outside the store...

me:  'would you like me to just buy for you?'

guy:  'yes...  yes...  <inaudible>...'

me:  'what?'

guy:  '<i heard hit>...  cigarette...'

me:  'hit?'

guy:  '<i heard hit>...  one pack...'

me:  'the brand is hit?'

guy:  '<i again heard hit>...'

me:  'hit???  sorry i'm not familiar with cigarettes...  i don't smoke...'

guy:  'never mind...  i'll just get my face shield at the office...'

ooops...  i'm not sure whether
he misunderstood my apologies as an objection to buy
or
he simply got frustrated because i could not hear him right.
(we were speaking through face masks with additional face shield for me.)

i should just have asked him to spell...

anyway, now i'm wondering what brand that was supposed to be 🤔

No comments:

Post a Comment