override

i ordered

- one magnum classic pint
- one magnum almond stick
- one magnum white stick
from eds minimart through foodpanda yesterday.

when my order arrived, there were
- one magnum almond pint
- one magnum classic stick
- one magnum white stick
instead.

i thought it was a mistake.  but no, it was deliberate.  the rider said my choice of pint was not available and the store said the order cannot be cancelled so they switched items.

eh?!
i could have shrugged it off if it were a mistake but it being intentional kinda pissed me off.  you don't just change customer's orders.
(the rider said he tried to call me but i was not answering my phone.  i actually heard his ring but instead of picking up i immediately went outside thinking he was already there.  he wasn't.  i went back inside and texted the number that rang me asking who it was.  i did not get a reply.)

i know stores can cancel  specific items and entire orders.  that very same store has cancelled a magnum classic pint i ordered before.

one time i ordered water and a stick of magnum almond from 7-eleven also through foodpanda.  when my order arrived, it was just the magnum.  my choice of water was not available so the store did not send any.  that was just water!  they easily could have sent another brand or size but they did not.  i prefer that.

i pay.  i choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment