my father's house

june 12 used to be just Philippine Independence Day to me.  now it is something more.


on this day last year, my brother and i brought my dad to the hospital.

he is a retired military officer.  he was assigned in mindanao.  he had a stint in vietnam.  with God's grace, he always managed to come home to us safe.

it was only the second time in my life that i saw him hospitalized.  the first was three years prior when he had an operation in connection with his prostate.

he was able to come home after the june 12 admission.

a month later, however, my brother and i again brought him to the hospital.  on his fifth day there, he breathed his last.  this time he finally went home, not to the residence he shared with my mom, but to the Father's house. 🙏

no more pain for him.
no more him for us.
bittersweet.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon him.
May his soul
and the souls of all the faithful departed,
through the mercy of God,
rest in peace.
Amen.

❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment